Motor carriers operating intrastate commercial motor vehicles on a road or highway in Texas must have a Texas DOT number when you:
- Operate a vehicle (or combination of vehicles) with a gross weight, registered weight or gross-weight rating exceeding 26,000 pounds;
- Operate a commercial motor vehicle owned or controlled by someone who is not a U.S. citizen or does not live in the United States;
- Transport hazardous materials in a quantity that requires placarding;
- Operate a farm vehicle with a gross weight, registered weight or gross weight rating of 48,000 pounds or more;
- Operate a vehicle designed to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver;
- Operate a commercial school bus;
- Operate a foreign domiciled bus;
- Are a foreign carrier;
- Transport household goods for compensation, regardless of vehicle weight.
Call us today to order your state authority! 844-878-2534
We know all aspects of trucking and we have a huge network of service providers to help you get everything you need to be successful in what you do! Need a low insurance quote? Need a great factoring company? We got you! Focus on what you do best, driving and making money. We will handle the rest!